BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Numbered list format for the text tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, All. I'm a newbie so I may be missing something obvious. I need to make a list of numbered notes in my drawings. (For example, Floor Plan Notes: 1,2,3...) These note blocks are brief and I wouldn't want to import a small PDF. I don't see a number or bullet list feature in the text editor.

Can someone point me in the right direction???

Much thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
There is no automatic numbering (that I am aware off), however there are tabs and indents that you can set up if you draw a textblock, rather than having text without the 'wrap' function.

So, type '1', hit tab, type the next bit and if you've setup an indent with same size as that first tab, you will end up with a list format.

It's a bit crude, but possible.

We have our legends set up this way on worksheets. I ussually keep several textblocks, as they are easier to edit and move around (so a paragraph per textblock).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Erwin. What I'm looking for is automatic numbering of the list items.

I would be more than a little surprised if an app as sophisticated as Archicad would lack this essential annotation feature. I can't imagine a set of drawings that does not have numerous lists of notes.
Learn and get certified!