Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

OPEN GL ERROR ISSUES?

rob2218
Enthusiast

what has happened is as follows:

1) file was working "ok", then from time to time an "open gl" error happens where I can no longer rotate and spin the model using the Open GL engine?

2) the file crashes consitently to the point where I have to hit the entire PC reboot button.

3) I've been told my 'libraries' if properly clean out to the point where I do not get over 4600 warnings would help in file stability.

How can I fix this Open GL error crashing issue? I'm will to pay whatever it takes to get this F%$ file fixed.

thanks,

OPEN-GL-ISSUES.png
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
15 REPLIES 15

No...I don't have another machine to test the file on.

I only have this one Dell Laptop 7730 machine. it's been a helleva workhorse but...geez...lately its been tough with the constant having to save every 5 minutes not knowing what the root of the problem is.

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If there are unexpected errors or crashes or hangs then it is possible there is something wrong with the computer hardware like faulty memory or some other component. This is why it would be a good idea to check if these same issues occur on another machine as well. It they do, it is probably the file. If they don't it is probably your machine (hardware or software).

For example, did your friend encounter the same weird issues you did? If he did not on his machine, it may be your hardware that is at fault here.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast

Update:

well, since my friend who's a master Archicad guru type fellow, cleaned out my libraries as best he could, I still have 15 warnings but better than 4600+ warnings, the file has become much faster, much more stable and, knock on wood, has not gone sour.............so thanks Ransom for cleaning up the libraries for me. Money well spent.

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, Ransom is one of the best. 🙂

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I've known Mr. Radcliff for some time and he 'always' fixes the issues at hand. He knows Archicad very well............he's "the Man".

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23

Gotta be honest, I'm still blown away that you had 4600+ warnings