Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Object pens

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I want this teacup object to have black pens in the elevation view. I tried to change every one of these pens and it didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try the "Symbol Line Pen" field in the Floor Plan and Section panel. Also, check the "Override Object's Pens" checkbox above it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi LaszloNagy!

I tried and it didn't work out
runxel
Legend
Probably the section/elevation has a "distant view area" where all lines are overriden to be a light grey.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi runxel,

I was thinking the same but the teacup is between the first and the second elevation line, not in the distant area
Barry Kelly
Tatiana wrote:
Hi runxel,

I was thinking the same but the teacup is between the first and the second elevation line, not in the distant area

It looks to me as if the entire section/elevation is greyed - not just the tea cup.

Check the pen set that is active.
Check the elevation/section settings to see what the uncut pens are set to.
Are any Graphic Override or Renovation Filters active?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Looks like a pen override from 'marked distant area' for your section / elevation.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,

I tried everything you said and it didn't work out
These are the elevation and object settings.

As you see, everything is proper, the facade is shown with black lines, and the stuff inside is greyed out. But weirdly things glued on the window from the outside are also grey.

Cheers!
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It shows it right there in 2nd screenshot as I pointed out above: you have a marked distant area where you override contour pens with pen 92 (grey pen). The grey table etc in your section fall behind the marked distant area. Either move the mark or turn off the option in section settings.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5