BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Objects all grey

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am designing a room in archicad and for some reason when I render it all of the textures of the furniture in there are all in one color, grey, but I want them to be the default color and textures I downloaded them in. I can't seem to find a solution to it. I'm using Archicad 19.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you make rendering via Cinerender?

This render engine based on separated set of materials.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Int_Skylined wrote:
Do you make rendering via Cinerender?

This render engine based on separated set of materials.
Yes I used Cinerender to render. I read online that when I add an object, Archicad puts it into general surface which I guess is why it's coming out gray. Is there a way to make it use the default surfaces the object came with?
Anonymous
Not applicable
For advanced help I need some details of that objects on screenshots: what's objects (imported?), which material options was set, etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Int_Skylined wrote:
For advanced help I need some details of that objects on screenshots: what's objects (imported?), which material options was set, etc.
I am showing an example, I downloaded it from archive3d.net in .gsm file format and I added it to my library. In settings it set to General but if I change it it changes the entire object to the same color.
Settings.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Int_Skylined wrote:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Int_Skylined wrote:
I rendered it on it's own fo example purpose,
How it renders.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
You should to uncheck this button.
2016-06-19_21-48-27.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Int_Skylined wrote:
You should to uncheck this button.
I did that and the render is still gray.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe it's the Cinerender "White model effect" in Render options?
Learn and get certified!