Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Objects disappear in 3D view

HannesL
Participant
Objects, any of them are not visible in 3D view even if all layers all visible. I can view an object in 3D if only one object is selected. Example: if place shower cabinet into the floorplan, I can see the object symbol. When I select the object by command ctrl+F5 or by F3, the object is not visible. When I use the command F5 or marquee tool, the object himself is shown.
If into the plan is added any other items, in example wall, the object is not visible.
This problem occurred suddenly when PC was in maintenance. Previously everything was normal.
As I suspect, there are some settings to change, but I have not found the right one.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
If you can see walls and slabs in 3D but not the objects then I would look at the renovation filter that is active and/or the renovation settings of your objects.

If you can see nothing in 3D then change to the Internal Engine.
If you can see the 3D now then I would think it is an OpenGL issue.
Try updating you video drivers, or you say there has been some PC maintenance, so you may have to revert to the original drivers if that has been changed in the maintenance.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
HannesL
Participant
As it turned out, the problem occurs only if I use tpl fail what I have created. If I use ArchiCAD template all objects are visible. Do you have any recommendations, how I can fix my tpl fail?
Barry Kelly
So what you are saying is that if you place a shower in the Archicad template and then view it in 3D, you can see it OK.
But if you do the same in your template, you can't?

If that is the case then it is very unlikely to be a hardware or driver issue.

I would say it is either a layer issue (not turned on in 3D view) or a renovation filter that is hiding the objects in the 3D view.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11