Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Officina font missing " (inch) mark in pdf

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use the ITC Officina Sans Std Book font, purchased from Adobe. When I publish my drawings from Archicad to pdf, the " (inch) symbol disappears. I can see it fine in Archicad 12. The ' (foot) symbol shows up fine as well as other symbols in the pdf. The " (inch) symbol shows up when it is in a line of text. It is only when in a dimension string that this happens. Also, my colleague who is using the exact font and software, but on a Mac does not have this problem. I spent MANY hours on the phone with Adobe and got nowhere. Can U help?

I just discovered that if I 'print' a pdf to file from the File/Print menu, it works fine. It is only happening with I 'publish' the drawings to pdf file. What pdf settings does 'publish' use that would be different from 'print'? The 'printed' pdf's are approximately 1/3 the size of the 'published' pdf? Why?

I took a look at the 2 different pdf's output info file (ctrl-D) in Reader. Here are the differences:

PUBLISHED FILE
Application: Archicad
PDF Producer: PDFTron PDFNet
PDF Version: 1.4 (Acrobat 5.x)
Fast Web View: No
Font: Tt OfficinaSansStd-Book (Embedded Open Type)
Type: True Type (CID)
Encoding: Identity H

PRINTED FILE
Application: PScript5.dll Ver. 5.22
PDF Version: 1.5 (Acrobat 6.x)
PDF Producer: Acrobat Distiller 9.0.0
Fast Web View: Yes
Font: A OfficinaSansStd-Book (Embedded Subset)
Type: Type 1
Encoding: Custom

I have only one font loaded. It has a Tt in front of it.
1 REPLY 1
Jere
Expert
When you print to a printer do you have the same problem? I've been having that issue.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660