BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Old Archidraft files to open

Bilge_g
Participant

Hi everyone! I am working in an architecture office as intern. What I have to do is opening the drw-files, which are really very old. My boss sais, that they did them with archidraft, what is an old 2D-programm from graphisoft. Now they are saved as DRW-Files. 

I've also tried all sorts of programs to open but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I need to help because I cannot open them and we need them hastily. I would be very happy, if someone could help me about this topic.

Best regards and thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

Graphisoft never had such a product as far as I know.  DRW files are CorelDraw files as far as I can tell.  Let Google be your friend  - search for information on file extension *.DRW

https://fileinfo.com/extension/drw

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Bilge_g
Participant

My boss says that the drawings are made with the TOPCAD program. I guess Archidraft was just the name of the company they bought it from. I'm sorry for the mistake.

Even though I tried all kinds of drw-enabled programs one by one, the documents never open. Is Topcad still a downloadable program? Does DRW work with TOPCAD? I would be very happy if you inform me.

Learn and get certified!