Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

OpenGL 3d View Mode only rendering Black and White

Brad Elliott
Booster
Just as it says, I created a sketch render and put it in the Publisher like I typically do and when I went back to work the openGL 3d view that I fly around in is in black and white and I can't figure out how to get it back to color. More bizarrely the OpenGL views that I saved in the publisher previously still update in color. This is a cool effect that I would like to use but I need to know how to get into and out of it.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Is it the 'Monochrome' setting in the 3D styles?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Brad Elliott
Booster
Holy Cow! That worked. How did I miss this? 11 new settings with half of them looking like they do the same thing. What was the benefit of this compared to the old way?
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Barry Kelly
Now we have the opportunity to save a combination of 3D style settings, just like MVO or Graphic Overrides.
These settings can be saved with each 3D view and changed simply by changing the style in the view settings, rather than the old open the view, change the 3D settings, go to the view settings and update from 3D window.

It is a little bit more efficient and we have a few new options to play with as well like the monochrome and contour control.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11