BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Opening/migrating Plotmaker 2 files in AC16

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Greetings - I would like to convent/migrate some of our old Plotmaker 2.0 files into AC16 if possible and need some advice.

I am able to boot in OSX 10.6 and open the files (LAY & PMK) using a Plotmaker 9, however I am uncertain how to save out the file so that it can be opened in AC16. When I try to open the same file in AC10, I get an error message that 'Plotmaker files earlier than version 3 cannot be opened.' The same goes for the PMK files. Is there any hope? Thanks, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Scott:

I have not tested this, but I think you should simply Save the PlotMaker 2.0 file after opening it in PlotMaker 9, so it converts to a PlotMaker 9 file. Then I think you should be able to open this file in AC16.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Scott Bulmer
Booster
IT WORKED!!! Thanks David!
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Weird question....

I had placed some old PMK's of details in an AC16 layout. Things were fine and all printed fine last week...

Today, I am trying to update the set and on this particular sheet all the text of the PMK's has disappeared! Actually some lines also, but most noticeably is the text...

I can't RELINK (it doesn't solve the issue) and placing them in again does nothing. Layer manipulation of the LAYOUT does nothing and there is no layering access of the pmk's ...

Just checking to see if anyone has run into this and if there's a fix.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hey Duane - I don'r recall if this is possible, but can you drag a copy of the pmk then explode it to see if all the elements are there?
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Nice tip.. It did explode... Unfortunately only exploded what I could SEE... which was incomplete.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Not sure what's going on, but I placed the same details in another ac16 file... Looked complete... so I exploded there and copied back to original file...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Learn and get certified!