Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Overhead and Uncut Walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, in my project, I want to show overhead walls and uncut walls that only exist on the EXTERIOR of my building. My problem is, INTERIOR walls also appear as uncut and overhead lines along with the exterior walls. Do I need to change all of the walls settings to "show on home story only" and then select each specific wall I want to appear by changing their setting to "show on relevant stories"? Is there a way to have all walls set to "show on relevant stories", and only have uncut/overhead walls appear that aren't hidden by floors or roofs? Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you could attach one or more screenshots of a concrete scenario and what you wish to achieve, it would be easier to help.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a screenshot of the issue. The screen shot if from the second floor. I want to be able to see overhead walls that extend past the exterior (boxed in red). However, I don't want overhead interior walls to appear (boxed in blue). In the end, I don't want to see any overhead walls that are blocked by floors and ceilings. But I do want to be able to see overhead walls that have nothing blocking them. Thanks for your help.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Based on your screenshot and your first post, I would say that yes, you would have to select those Walls one by one or using Find & Select, and set those settings for them. There is no automatic way in ARCHICAD that would make Walls covered by Slab display in dashed line type or similar feature.
So I think you will have to do it manually.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help.