Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Overhead cantilever contours

zgeorgievg
Participant

Hello everyone,

Can you please share your workaround with overhead cantilever contours on floor plan.

I try to model everything and not use 2D elements at all but haven't found a clean solution for this one.

Usually I stretch slabs to the outer side of the cantilever and it works fine as long as it is just 1 or 2 types of composite slab with MVO hide separation line.

But sometimes you have 3 or more types of comp slabs cantilevered (int wooden floor, ext wooden floor, balcony floor etc)  with different skins&thickness and separator lines become confusing.

Am I missing something?

Thank you.

AC25 int, Win10 64bit
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

If I was to model that, I would run the reinforced concrete slab through as on slab.

You can then show the extents of this to get what you want.

Model the tiled slab on the balcony and the timber floor in the upper room separately - they don't have to show on plan

Same for the insulation/render under the balcony and the plaster ceiling in the lower room - separate slabs that don't have to show on plan.

By modelling the floor / ceiling finishes as separate slabs, I think you will have more control.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Aimad Eddine
Contributor

Hello, 

Can you attach an image of the case with the confusing separator lines ?

Aimad Eddine BOUZIANE
Architect
BIM enthusiast

Setup: Dell G5 15, i7 10750H, 16GB ram, RTX 2070 Max Q, Windows 10
DGSketcher
Legend

You can limit the overhead range within the Floor Plan Cut Plane settings, within elements control if they "Project with overhead" etc and as a last resort split the elements onto different layers so you can control which are shown as overhead. Does that help?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly

If you have many individual slabs rather than one composite slab, then I would place the ones you don't want to see in a layer that gets turned off in the floor plan but is on for sections and elevations.

Or if the slabs are on the storey above, you can set the Floor Plan Display of the slab to show on home storey only rather than home storey & one storey down.

Or still just use layers.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
zgeorgievg
Participant

This is my best result as of now. 

img1.jpgimg2.jpg

AC25 int, Win10 64bit
Solution

If I was to model that, I would run the reinforced concrete slab through as on slab.

You can then show the extents of this to get what you want.

Model the tiled slab on the balcony and the timber floor in the upper room separately - they don't have to show on plan

Same for the insulation/render under the balcony and the plaster ceiling in the lower room - separate slabs that don't have to show on plan.

By modelling the floor / ceiling finishes as separate slabs, I think you will have more control.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thank you Barry, I will consider this option.

AC25 int, Win10 64bit