Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Override surfaces per view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to create views showing structure, MEP, and some architectural elements for coordination purposes. I want to color-code each type of element in order to understand how they are interfacing. For example, structure to appear as red, ductwork to appear as green, plumbing as blue, walls and floors as white with some transparency, etc.

It would be very simple to create these views by controlling layers and assigning surfaces directly to each element. HOWEVER, I want the elements to retain their non-diagram surfaces (structure as painted black, ductwork as stainless, etc.) so that they still appear properly/realistically in other views.

My question is: is there a way to override surfaces per view? I come from a Revit background, where this task is quite simple to perform with the visibility/graphics function. Looking for a similar technique/procedure. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, right now this is a task that will need a workaround to be achieve, but the new version (20) that is coming out the next month is going to have the graphics override, which will let you do that easily.

BTW please add your signature with the AC version you are using to receive more accurate and better help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqrivas wrote:
Hello, right now this is a task that will need a workaround to be achieve, but the new version (20) that is coming out the next month is going to have the graphics override, which will let you do that easily.

BTW please add your signature with the AC version you are using to receive more accurate and better help.
Thanks for the reply. Will look forward to the new version. Until then, what would be a good workaround? All I can think of is to select all of the objects and manually change the surface each time I want to display them differently in a diagram....and then change them for renderings/walkthroughs. Any ideas? Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is a solution, also it will depend, on the design process, but you can duplicate those things you want to change material and save them in a different layer and then having them show in a specific view. Or using the renovation filters and assign the elements to different filter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqrivas wrote:
That is a solution, also it will depend, on the design process, but you can duplicate those things you want to change material and save them in a different layer and then having them show in a specific view. Or using the renovation filters and assign the elements to different filter.
I appreciate the feedback, thanks.