BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF Printing output in AC18 - Graphics is "flipped" mirrored

rob2218
Enthusiast
see attached.
when I insert my PDF file into archicad 18, the page that got inserted was inserted correctly.
it "views" correctly.
when I got to do a print, I can print it....yet when I actually see the output....the 'graphics' only are flipped along an "x-horizontal axis" (see image attached).
GS.....please...could you help?
Also..this is coming out of a "TRIAL VERSION" install on a Windows PC machine.
Any known issues with "flipped PDF graphics" yet?

PDF-GRAPHICS-FLIPPED-small.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Are you PRINTING to an external PDF convertor or are you PUBLISHING as a PDF (using the built in PDF convertor)?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
I think you are correct. I was using CutePDF. Maybe that's the culprit
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I am experiencing this very same problem. The only way I have worked around is by flipping the pdf on the layout so it reads upsidedown on the screen. Not a great fix.... Has anyone had any solutions so far? I understand if I use the publisher it will work, however I can forsee this getting printed in the office by someone else later from the layout and causing headaches down the line. Gratefully appreciate any suggestions

Thanks,
Patrick
rob2218
Enthusiast
Unfortunately.....you'll need to enforce users in the office to publish PDFs from within the ARCHICAD publisher....if you try to save as a PDF using another publishing software such as CutePDF....the results will be unstable.....sorry.
pohayes wrote:
Hi,
I am experiencing this very same problem. The only way I have worked around is by flipping the pdf on the layout so it reads upsidedown on the screen. Not a great fix.... Has anyone had any solutions so far? I understand if I use the publisher it will work, however I can forsee this getting printed in the office by someone else later from the layout and causing headaches down the line. Gratefully appreciate any suggestions

Thanks,
Patrick
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!