Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF exported file doesn't open properly on Adobe Acrobat

anamartins
Participant

Hello.

I've been having a big problem for a while with an specific Archicad file. We already reached out for Graphisoft support but they couldn't solve it either.

When I export my layouts to PDF and I open the PDF file on Adobe Acrobat, it shows a message: "There's an error in this page. Maybe Acrobat doesn't show the page correctly. Contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem". And all the pages are mostly empty, showing just some random lines and fills. The strange thing is that when I open the same file on Microsoft Edge, all the layouts look completly normal. I guess there's something in between Archicad conversion to pfd and Acrobat reading of the pdf file. I saw some comments here at Graphisoft community of people having the same problem, but none of them seem to come up with a solution that worked for me. I've already tried to print instead of exporting but there's no page size compatible with my layout size. I've also tried so many other things and nothing works.

I'm very disappointed and running out of deadline to send this project to the client, and I don't know what else to do.
Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
PVBergkrantz
Expert

We've had issues with the new colored facades that uses textures and acrobat. If the image files are high resolution it can create a lot of issues in the pdf and some programs handle these issues better than others (edge for example seems better equipped than acrobat).

Does your layouts contain facades with textures?

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

Thanks.
No, my layouts are just plans of a house. So some walls, dont show, some objects, lines, fills, everything. And its not about the layers because some with the same layers show and some don't. 

PVBergkrantz
Expert

Can you post an example pdf? Maybe it is just an issue with acrobat on your computer, and a reinstall is necessary?

Thanks. I'm sending an example but it's not only on my computer, it's happening with the whole team. Only this specific project.

Captura de tela 2022-06-24 131456.png
PVBergkrantz
Expert

Maybe try to repair the project. When opening a project there is a checkbox you can mark that says "open and repair" and it can solve some issues. Other than that I don't know what to do except gradually remove objects and fills and stuff to try to find what is causing the issue. Might be some text as well, incompatible fonts?

Barry Kelly

I would look at any symbolic fills you have used.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hello.
We ended up deciding to start a new file from zero and I started copying the whole project and testing the pdf exportation. Then I discovered that some specific slabs that were corrupting the whole file. So I erased them and it finally worked! Thanks for your help though.

Hello Barry.
We ended up deciding to start a new file from zero and I started copying the whole project and testing the pdf exportation. Then I discovered that some specific slabs that were corrupting the whole file. So I erased them and it finally worked! Thanks for your help though.