Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF file size

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not the first time this will of been discussed. We are desperate for a solution or workaround to the problem of PDF file size/complexity.
We have a large project with 200+ drawings and a client that cannot open the majority of the files unless we open the ArchiCAD published PDf files in photoshop, flatten them, and then re-save as a PDF.

I have tried various combinations in the publish options within ArchiCAD and there is no option to genuinely 'flatten' what you see. We're not interested in preserving layers etc (that's what we have DWG's for).

Does anyone have a low-effort workflow for reducing files like this en masse?

I am considering that if I can add an 'acrobat' print driver to windows, then I could possibly select 'print' from the ArchiCAD publisher (instead of publish) and then tick 'print as image' but this is a long shot.

Any help appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Have a look at the fills you are using. Especially busy dot patterns will make files heavy.

4 big sheets at 4,5 MB is not that big though.

For comparison, I've attached an older projects detail booklet, sits at just under 4 MB, with quite a few busy dot and concrete patterns.

I should add that I don't mask off huge fills in details, maybe this makes some difference.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5