Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF live hyperlinks

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was looking over another architects drawings in pdf format and discovered that their archicad page references work as live hyperlinks within the pdf document.
and automatically take you to the referenced page.

Is there a way that archicad can publish a pdf with working hyperlinks that i may be unaware of? or is it likely that they have added this afterwards?
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
As text you just type the web address.

i.e. www.graphisoft.com

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
i dont mean as in web hyperlinks

i mean hyperlinks that take you to other parts of the published pdf

for example im sitting on the details page EG detail D12 and its sheet reference might be Sheet A15 if you click on 'A15' it takes you to page 15 where you can see the section where this detail is derived from for example

Or on the ground floor the section marker B-B might reference sheet A09 you click on it and it takes you to sheet 9.
Barry Kelly
Doing a bit of a search I found 2 post relating to this.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=206386
See Karl's comment at the bottom.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=12141

Seems that if the PDF pages are merged into one when publishing then the link will automatically be created.

These posts are quite old though so maybe it no longer happens.
It certainly isn't working for me now.
I have always merged when publishing but can't check my old PDFs because until recently I never used the actual section and elevation markers directly on my plans - I always used objects for the markers.

So far I have not seen any options to turn this feature on or off.
Might have a look in the registry keys later.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Barry Kelly
Got it.
In the section / elevation marker you must have it reference the layout ID.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry

Thanks for looking into that, but my settings are exactly as you have shown in the last screenshot, i have been doing my plans this way for quite some time,

When you say pages merged into one? I cant seem to see where to change this setting?

I normally publish layouts using the File>Print as we can either print a fast pdf using pdf995 or largely compressed using adobe pdf
a while back the archicad18 pdf publisher was either too slow or made our file sizes too large

perhaps i might have a go using the pdf publisher again in 20 and see if these hyperlinkings are still available with this method
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
methy:

Works here on Mac, using the Publisher; under Publishing Set Properties select "Create Single File".

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All thanks for the help with the above. the last thing that would complete the whole process is getting a way for the live back-referencing to work.

The title in green circle as most of you will know is a stamp title on the page layout, the text in yellow is autotext pulling the detail name from each independant detail this all works great within archicad and also on pdfs

but now i want the back referencing to work in the same way
how can i make the text a live link back reference to take me back to the source pages where this detail is referenced from? underlined in both red and blue.

this could possibly automate the whole process of back referencing for me which would save an entire hour on every job.

--- update ---
I think i may have cracked it.... i have just discovered a way for me to use the same reference marker in a similar way but remove is geometry, polygon, marker line as while being a 'linked marker' to 'the selected drawing' so that only its referred drawing text is showing, this can then be copy and pasted between details that also link to the same pages, or the link can be changed to other layouts as required,
its not quite as automated a process as id prefer as the process of linking is as follows:

Right click on independant detail> Find Linked Markers> selected layout names are shown. and assuming you have already recorded a list for reference you need to either write down or remember the pages that the drawing is referenced to, then if you want to copy and paste this back reference between details you only need to go back into the reference markers Selection Settings and >browse to the new page location to relink its page location.
And even if a page gets added into the set before the linked page the back referenced details reference number will change automatically, so it is somewhat automated in that respect at least.

but hey at least I now have clickable backreferences that work on pdf and you can also use it to jump between in archicad if you so desire.
it doesnt necessarily save me any time however, it would likely take the same amount of time. so if this process could somehow be automated would save me some trouble.