Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF sets not printing imported image files

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having a problem when sending PDF files to an outside service for output. Image files that have been placed on a layout sheet are not printing. One of the image files is a jpg and one is a gif. These image files show up on the PDF we produce, but don't output at the service bureau. This of course suggests that it is an issue on their end, but if I try to print the same sheet (reduced on a standard inkjet printer HP 2175) I have the same issue (so much for what you see is what you get). Is there a procedure I should be using to add image files to the plotbook, or a setting I am missing in the Amyuni print driver. I noticed there is a tab for image compression. Mine is set to default and there are two other choices (256 color or jpg). Thanks for any suggestions.

I have one other issue with regard to print/text quality. Some of the output text quality is lower than we would like. I noticed that the Amyuni driver has the option to embed fonts. Should I be doing this and of the three choices, which one do others use regarding this use (partial font, standard fonts, or licensed fonts). In addition we have been using 300 dpi (the default) to print our PDF's. Should this be increased? Thanks for any advice you can offer.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent problematic files to Graphisoft and they have confirmed this bug. Hopefully a solution will be here soon.