Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PM 3.1 - Title Type & Imported PMK

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using PM3.1 with a Layout book that has "worked" in PM 3.0. If a PMK is imported into a Layout sheet and then a zoom all is selected the screen area turns gray with a "Title Type 001" Box at the top. See attachment. What is going on?

Also if an imported PMK is selected and I try to Edit>copy I get the error as shown in following attachment. I use to be able to copy and paste my imported PMK's.

Zoom All.jpg
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Warning Error Attachment
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
Warning Error Attachment
Don't copy & paste. Import the PMK.

Its size is too big for the copy&paste operation.

If it is in the same LBK, CTRL drag it in the Navigator. Or copy&paste there.

You can also drag&drop from PM 2.3 or 3.0
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Don't copy & paste. Import the PMK.
I am Importing the Original PMK, Then I usually Copy and paste. I will try the Ctrl Drag to the Navigator.
Its size is too big for the copy&paste operation.
The Size of the "improted" PMK's never was an issue before. They would always copy and paste. The also would zoom all correctly. Now with PM 3.1 and an imported PMK (note PMK is from AC 7.03, as I have always done in PM 3.0) somehow has a Tile Type linked to it. This template lbk did not have this happen in PM 3.0.

One thing that does remain a problem from PM 3.0 is Linked PMK's Missing information I asked this question back in escribe http://www.escribe.com/software/archicadtalk/m33088.html

I will ask this as a new topic on this Forum.
See http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3495#3495

If it is in the same LBK, CTRL drag it in the Navigator. Or copy&paste there.
It is the same LBK, no copy & paste allowed.
You can also drag&drop from PM 2.3 or 3.0
PM 2.3 is a joke.
I will consider going back to PM 3.0. Since I totally uninslatted any previous remnants of the AC 8.0 release, I quess I will have to re-install AC 8 R3. See any problems?

Sorry if there are Mis spellings "SpellCheck" only works for me about 10% of the time.
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
The Size of the "improted" PMK's never was an issue before. They would always copy and paste. The also would zoom all correctly. Now with PM 3.1 and an imported PMK (note PMK is from AC 7.03, as I have always done in PM 3.0) somehow has a Tile Type linked to it. This template lbk did not have this happen in PM 3.0.
Titles are on by default; you can switch it off in Preferences.

As for the wrong zoom/PMK extents, I also had some problems with the PMK frames being MUCH larger than they really are.
One thing that does remain a problem from PM 3.0 is Linked PMK's Missing information I asked this question back in escribe http://www.escribe.com/software/archicadtalk/m33088.html

I will ask this as a new topic on this Forum.
See http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3495#3495
My answer is there too.
No need to - drag, CTRL drag.
I will consider going back to PM 3.0. Since I totally uninslatted any previous remnants of the AC 8.0 release, I quess I will have to re-install AC 8 R3. See any problems?
No, also I don't see any reason to do so. 3.1 is better, takes some time to set it up. Keep the nose to the grindstone. Usually pays if you can stand it
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Titles are on by default; you can switch it off in Preferences.

The preferences state "Append Titles to newly placed Drawings." This does not seem to count for newly updated Drawings (or PMK's). After changing preference and reading all from folder again and updating, the zoom all is still "broken".
As for the wrong zoom/PMK extents, I also had some problems with the PMK frames being MUCH larger than they really are.
Do you mean the Extents (node drag points) that can be changed upon dragging?

Djordje: No need to - drag, CTRL drag.
Actually a copy paste from on layout to another just worked
But as for a drag - Ctrl drag, I finally figured out that this was in "Tree by Subsets" mode. Probably in Mannual.

No SpellCheck
Anonymous
Not applicable
I Figured it out. ANd it is not worth a Mug or T-Shirt.

For the already placed PMK's (That some how com in as default "Append a Title to this Drawing" checked), In Drawing usage mode, select all PMK's and then right mouse click> Drawing Settings>Title bar: uncheck "Append a Title to this Drawing". If it is already unchecked, check than UNcheck the box. Now the zoom all works.

SpellCheck Worked
I am concerned that I cannot change the scale of PMKs brought into Plotmaker 3.1 from AC 8.1 (windows XP, AC 8.1).

The whole ability to change scale is lost, but PMKs brought in from 8.0 are fine, the fields to enter a new scale are perfectly OK. its 8.1 files that dont rescale, even orthgraphic views like elevations.

I am particularly trying to bring in a 3D view (scaled line drawing) - its saved as a PMK, but in Plotmaker, the entire section of settings that covers scale is greyed out. Most of the drawings I have brough in from 8.1 are greyed out when it comes to the ability to change the scale.

I cant be doing wrong, because there arent that many options in Plotmaker, and anyway the files that were saved as PMKs from 8.0 are working correctly. there must be a problem with the program??
__archiben
Booster
david

this is because plotmaker is set to use archiCAD's view-set settings for scale by default.

if you right-click your imported drawing and go to 'attribute update settings' right at the bottom, you can have plotmaker overwrite archiCAD for scale, pens and layers.

choose 'custom for this drawing' and uncheck the scale box. you should now be able to customise your scale in plotmaker as you wish. if you go back to the box that was greyed out you will now find it editable.

see http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=198&highlight=

hth
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
david wrote:
I am concerned that I cannot change the scale of PMKs brought into Plotmaker 3.1 from AC 8.1 (windows XP, AC 8.1).
Pilot error, David.

Select the placed PMK, in the bottom of the settings panel you will find Attributes update rules section; if you want the global setting, set it in the Prederences. If only for one drawing, click on Custom for this drawing.

See attached.

HTH,
Djordje

HP Omen