Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PM 9: Bug on importing views

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just installed 9 and here is what I found:

Tried to import view from my teamwork file, and the viewset named CD displayed the content of the viewset Schematic. (needless to say CD has a lot more content) When I opened all my other viewsets(DD, Presentation, SK) and then went back to CD, the content reappeared and I have been able to import it ok.

Any ideas?/Similar Glitches?

Nathan Brauer
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
Nathan wrote:
Any ideas?/Similar Glitches?

Nathan Brauer
yeah - during testing we had the same, but could never replicate it for GS to find the problem. all of the views began to get muddled up with each other. send your files to tech support with a clear step-by-step.

i had a feeling it was something to do with the file format (earlier format?) or a teamwork file that hadn't properly been upgraded to 9, or the naming conventions within the views (they were all too similar).

after getting this, as far as i recall, we re-shared the file. this probably was why we never experienced it again. of course, it shouldn't happen anyway so maybe make a complete copy of your files for tech support before you try to re-share?

save as PLN file, possibly even PLA, then open with 9 and re-share . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had a possibly related experience. After upgrading to AC9/PM9, we added a view to a view set, sent changes and went to import in PM9. Not only did the new view not appear, only one of the three view sets was in the list. Not only that, but only one of the dozens of views was listed in the one view set. What we found that worked was to go back into the Teamwork model and un-share then re-share the view sets. Send and receive and PM9 saw them all.

So, I think there is some confusion in PM9 recognizing "upgraded" view sets.