Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PMK's w/ renamed layers do not limk properly in PM

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have some PMK's created in AC7 form Quickviews using publisher. Within these quick views was a layer called S-Grid. For sorting reasons I Renamed this layer S_1-Grid ( _ is a blank space). The QV in AC work fine with the later renamed, but the created PMK's will not show this renamed layer. I set the Drawing Attributes to have the layers overwritten by source file. This does not work. Even a complete "clearing" (deleting) of all references to the PMK with this renamed layer. When the New import of the PMK is done it has the S_-Grid layer but it is hidden. When it is revealed (UN-hidden) there is still no information on that layer. The PMK's were published with the open to "Save visible layers only " option (and this layer is visible in the QV and in the Publisher preview screen).

The only way to have information on this renamed layer is to publish the PMK without the option to Save visible layers only, import the PMK to a layout. Even though this is the only reference to this PMK in the Layout book, it is opened with the hidden layer setup of the "original" (now cleared) PMK.
Opening the PMK and making all layers visible shows that the information for all layers is there (as specified in Publisher) and selecting the Layer combination here now has the S-_Grid layer revealed, and the information is now visible.

This may or may not make since to any one, but this is not the way a PMK should need to be updated if a layer name is edited within AC. The PMK should import how it was created, especially when all referenced of the PMK in the Layout book are deleted.

Spell Checked in Word, since the phpSpell does nothing....
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also if even the PMK is Published with the "Save visible layers only" option (even though the info is there on this visible renamed layer, the information will disappear once the PMK is updated in PM.

SpellCheck ran through this time It does not like PMK.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TEST:
So I cleared all reference the "defective" PMKs and shut down PM.
Restart PM. Imported created PMK's with "Save visible layers only" option. Still nothing on the S_-Gird layer.
Back in AC i change back the "S_-Grid" to "S-Grid" and publish PMK's with "Save visible layers only" option.
Update PMK in PM and the Info is ther now.

This is crazy. How does PM know the "old" name of S-Grid better than S_-Grid.

I don't want the layer to be named "S-Grid.", so I chang it back to S_-Grid.

Publish and Update
Information on the renamed layer is NOW appearing. This inconsistance in PMK imports is unsellting.

Back to making a deadline......I hope!

SpellCheck not working
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
This may or may not make since to any one, but this is not the way a PMK should need to be updated if a layer name is edited within AC. The PMK should import how it was created, especially when all referenced of the PMK in the Layout book are deleted.
... and you are of course updating and redefining the QuickView each time you change the layers or the Layer combination?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
... and you are of course updating and redefining the QuickView each time you change the layers or the Layer combination?
Yes, an update of the QV's is always done after any layer, display option, or scale change . In this case the "layer change" is only a rename and the QV seems not to be updated.

SpellCheck is working this morning.