BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PROBLEMS EXPORTING DOOR SCHEDULE TO DWG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi:

When opening in autocad a publish door schedule, it only appears in layout.

What should I do to have them also shown in model?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Miha_M
Advisor
I have a similar problem. I have been using separate Door & Window Schedules for quite some Versions of AC. With AC22 I couldn't import my .xml schedule template (?), so I had to design a new one to fit my expectations. Once finished I did all Annotations, saved the Schedule as a dedicated View (renovation status as "new construction") and placed the drawing on a layout. On the layout I am using the option "Split Drawing among Multiple Layouts". This option generates 10 separate layouts for the whole Schedule.

Now I have a problem. I need to export this whole documentation to DWG, which is no problem using the Publisher. But after reviewing the resulted exported DWG I see only the last part of the exported Schedule on each and every one Schedule layout. To be clear - I get all 10 Layout pages exported, but all with the same content - which is the last Schedule page as seen in Archicad.

Funny thing about this is that publishing the exact same publisher set to PDF works fine.

Is it me doing something wrong here?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

This is an error in our DWG export tool, that is already being handled (ref. #235480). The issue is that drawings divided between multiple layouts will only export the last page multiple times when you export/publish to a single DWG.

A workaround can be to export the same divided layout into separate DWG files each, instead of merging them into one.

PS. I am not sure what error message you got when trying to import your Schedule definition XML, but it is not recommended to use XMLs created in a previous version, because these definitions can change. If you exported it from the same ARCHICAD version, then it should work fine though.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!