BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Paint colours on walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a design in which I want to create a visual datum in the wall with two different paint colours. So imagine a 3 metre high wall, and the first 1 metre is painted blue, and from 2m to 3m it is red.

Another option may be that instead of a horizontal datum line, the datum line is a diagonal line from bottom left corner of the wall (in elevation) to the top right corner.

Any tips on how I would achieve this without having to construction multiple walls?
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
Could you use a two stripped texture then set the origin to what ever your datum is. Could also change the texture orientation for the slope. Though it will not show up in sections and elevations unless you use the "Own Surface Colour" Fill option. The positioning is all manual as well and you would need your texture to be have a height greater than your building height / diagonal as you only want it to tile parallel to your datum...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good idea

Otherwise I was planning on building a few super thin morph to resemble almost the coat of paint...
Barry Kelly
The problem with morphs or other thin walls is the double editing to match the geometry, doors and windows of the original wall.

If it is always horizontal then you could also use a complex profile wall with modifiers so you can stretch the height of the datum (paint).
You could even make with a thin surface in front of the main wall in the composite that you can stretch back down to nothing if you don't want the datum. (i.e. this is done when you want tiles on a wall - but in your case it will be the paint).

This doesn't help with the diagonal - I would use the align texture method Ling mentioned.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!