Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Partial 3d vectorial hatching for wall element?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All

I have defined using surface painter tool for wall to creating tile but i want to define it for partial surface of wall such as you can see in picture.
I want to put texture between the kitchen cabinets as tile work.

Thanks[/img]
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ahmettk:

I would place a second Wall or thin Slab for the tile as a separate element for the tile. The only way to get multiple Surfaces on the face of a Wall is to create a Complex Profile for the Wall.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David Thanks for your help i will try it but i think its simply issue and must be easier method:(

By the way , sorry for signature im new member of forum and im hurry about my works its done now
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ahmet:

To change a Surface assignment, there must be a change in element; a single plane, like that of a Basic or Composite Wall, cannot host multiple Surfaces.

Thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
So , is only method to create tile working ,with using wall tool configured thinner thickness?
Barry Kelly
ahmettk wrote:
So , is only method to create tile working ,with using wall tool configured thinner thickness?
There is never just one method in Archicad.

The hard way (and not recommended method) would be to model your main wall in smaller panels stacked above and next to each other so you can set different materials to each panel.

Another method is to use a thin wall in front of the main wall and assign your tile material to it.
Just be careful of the building material strength and how the wall reference lines intersect as this can cause trimming issues.
You are best to place the tile walls in a separate layer that has a completely different intersection priority number (set in the layer settings dialogue) so the tile walls do not trim with anything else.

Another alternative would be to use a library object.
But I don't see any wall tiles in the default (AUS) Graphisoft library (I am surprised).
I don't use the default library so I am no expert on it.
I don't even see much in the BIM Components web site but I have not had a good look.
I have my own custom made tiling objects but unfortunately I can't share these.
Do others use tiling objects?

Another option if you are not worried about the 3D views is to use a fill in your sections and elevations - but if you need 3D then this is no good.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
I normally use a Morph with correct thickness and then use SEO to remove it from the wall or I use a custom profile.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator