BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Pen Assignments / Line Weights

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there. I am a new user of ArchiCAD. I've been using AutoCAD ever since. I have quite figured out how the basics works here. BUT can somebody help me with creating the Line weights that when I plot it turns into the BLACK with different thickness. And in AutoCAD I use "MODEL" to draw my plans and elevations and "LAYOUT" if I am ready to scale it and put dimensions, texts and paper size. I can scale the plan in the layout without touching the texts and dimensions which makes all my drawings in the "LAYOUT" similar to other plans and elevation with texts and dimension even if it has different scales.

I was trying the "MASTER LAYOUT" but I cant seem to figure out how it really works.
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
myca_ly wrote:
BUT can somebody help me with creating the Line weights that when I plot it turns into the BLACK with different thickness.
One option is to choose the "Black and White" option in the Print or Plot dialog box when printing/plotting. This will maintain light weights while turning all colors to black (white will still be white). The software for your printer/plotter may have additional options for black & white output.

Another option is to create another Pen Set that sets the pen colors to black while keeping the pen weights, then assigning this Pen Set to the Views that have been placed on the Layouts. There is also a Black & White setting for the placed Views (Drawing Tool).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!