Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Pen Sets - Layout and View Pens both showing up...

Bethany_C
Contributor
In Layout View, my viewports are not showing the correct color pen sets... They should be showing with the "Layout" pen set, but instead some are showing with the "View" pen set. And the funny thing, one is showing up correctly while two are not, all on the same page. I've made sure to go into the view settings and change all to the same one, so I'm not sure why they're showing up differently.... See the image provided...

Please help.

Thanks!!Pen Sets Problem.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Josh Verran
Expert

When you select the drawing on the layout, check the below settings. Hope that helps.

Screenshot 2021-10-14 113719.png

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Josh Verran
Expert

When you select the drawing on the layout, check the below settings. Hope that helps.

Screenshot 2021-10-14 113719.png

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Miha_M
Advisor

Miha_M_0-1634197914843.png

You need to define your saved view with the correct pen-set before placing it into a layout. Or you can trace back the source view (select the layout drawing > right-click > open source view), change the pen-set and then redefine the saved view.

Or, like @Josh Verran indicated, you can select the placed drawing on the layout, go into settings (crtl+t), and select the desired pen-set there.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Hi Josh, this worked!! Thanks.

Thats great.

My understanding is that you can use for example a penset that uses colour to indicate line weight (eg green for 0.18), then rather than altering your view each time, you can choose to have your drawing on the layout use a black and white penset. Alternatively you can manually set all your sanitaryware items to use a different colour pen, but then have them black on the layout.

Our preference is to work using the same appearance as the finished product and use graphic overrides to emphasise various elements, rather than manually make those elements have a different 0.18 pen, hence why my screenshot only had the one "Default" penset. The "Legacy" one is just kept there as a "just in case".

I generally understand that, but my problem was that I was trying to change the viewport's pen set by right clicking and changing it through the "Modify Source View Settings" dialogue box, which wasn't working. It's kinda frustrating that Archicad has multiple ways to change things, that sometimes work sometimes don't....

Hello,

Is it possible to keep the pen set defined by the default view ?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

I am not sure if I understand your question as I don't think a "default" view does exist. But you can have one dedicated pen set for a group of views. I usually have cloned view folders for different use. You can set one desired pen set for such a folder clone. Here an example UI window for cloning a folder to view map based upon the default Archicad Template file:

Miha_M_1-1653505758594.png

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11