BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Pen Sets overriding Background Fills from Master

JGoode
Advocate
Exactly as the title says. I have an object that has a background fill. I can place it on my layouts and it shows the fill correctly but when I place it in my masters and the layout reads from the master, the fill disappears. The fill appears when I change to different pen sets so it is definitely the pens sets overriding but I can't see any settings where it even gives the options to.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I never put anything other than simple black text on layouts and have that on ArchiCAD layer. Reason: you cannot save pen settings, layercombinations, overrides etc etc for layout view, so the option to make a mistake is very easy, especially with other people working on the project.

I do have worksheets that I save as a view and place on layouts. You can turn off the autotexting scale easily, in case that is an issue. Also means I can set up the view the way it needs to be and not worry about things showing up wrong.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
JGoode
Advocate
Erwin wrote:
I never put anything other than simple black text on layouts and have that on ArchiCAD layer. Reason: you cannot save pen settings, layercombinations, overrides etc etc for layout view, so the option to make a mistake is very easy, especially with other people working on the project.

I do have worksheets that I save as a view and place on layouts. You can turn off the autotexting scale easily, in case that is an issue. Also means I can set up the view the way it needs to be and not worry about things showing up wrong.
It's a simple black logo, hence the need for a fill. The rest is all text. Just seems strange that pen sets can show up differently depending on the fill type with no way of editing in the settings (from what I can see).
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Even those things like the title block I put on a worksheet. Added benefit is that if you change the worksheet, it updates on all your layouts.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
JGoode
Advocate
Erwin wrote:
Even those things like the title block I put on a worksheet. Added benefit is that if you change the worksheet, it updates on all your layouts.
So it turns out it comes out in PDF's perfectly fine even though it doesn't show up. Seems like a bug to me!
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
JGoode wrote:
So it turns out it comes out in PDF's perfectly fine even though it doesn't show up. Seems like a bug to me!
Hello JGoode,

It might be a bug, but I would need a little more information to verify it, and log it in our system as one. Could you upload a few screenshots, showing what it looks like in the Master Layout, what it looks like on the Layout, and how it looks in a PDF? (make sure to have the Quick Options Palette in all the screen captures, so we can see what pen sets/layers/etc. are used)

Also, could you send me a PLA example project in a Private message, so that I can try it too? (it can be an empty project, with just the layouts)

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!