BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Pen set

Jensk
Contributor

I am looking for a simple method to look at my drawing ie. no colour and certainly no hatching.  How do i do this?

Also, can someone explain in simple english what is the difference between 'air space' and background/foreground.  I am not interested what it is NOT.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Create a new pen set, where all of the pen colours are black - you may want to keep the white pens as white though so they don't print.

Then just change to that pen set when you don't want to see colour, or use the colour pen set when you don't want to see all black.

NOTE: it is possible to work in colour in Archicad but set the drawings on your layouts to use the black/white pen set so they always print black.

You can also tell them to print the coloured pens as grey-scale or black/white, but I prefer to control it all colours with actual pen sets.

With regards to a fill, 'Air Space' is just another name for an 'Empty' fill or '0%' fill.

An 'Empty' fill has not foreground pen - so it doesn't matter what colour pen is set for the foreground (hatch) pen.

The background pen colour is what controls whether you see the fill or not.

Any of the 255 pens (1-255) will show, but there are special background pens (0 and -1).

0 pen is no background at all - i.e. transparent.

-1 pen is the same colour as your screen (Archicad) background - so it will appear transparent but it is not - it will still hide other elements if it is in front in screen display order.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you for the short and precise description.

Learn and get certified!