Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Photo Rendering Preview and Actual Rendering View Dont Match

Gus
Newcomer
I am trying to set up several views that are photo renders so that I can place them on a sheet and do "batch" rendering of those views onto that sheet. This way I can set up all the renderings then update that sheet while I go to lunch or something. The problem is that when I set up the view and preview the render it looks one way, and then seems to change the time of day when it does the actual rendering. See image below. I have looked at every single time and date setting that I can find in ArchiCAD and I have them all set to the same date July 21 at 5pm in Wisconsin. I watched the following youtube video as my guide to this process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tluXEVPayYI It seemed to work for him. I can't figure out why it's not working for me. I am using Eric Barbarow's Master template 17 if that makes any difference. I'm starting to think I should have never gone down that road. It's like trying to fix a custom motorcycle that has no stock parts. Any thoughts anyone might have would be greatly appreciated.

Preview and Actual View Dont Match.PNG
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
24 REPLIES 24
Eduardo Rolon
Not in front of AC at this time but some items to check. These are the different places were sun settings are stored. It might be that the saved view has not been updated with the settings.

1. Check in Cinerender that it uses AC north and Date.
---
and/or
---
1. Select camera in floor plan
2. Select open 3D
3. Change the Sun and Date settings
4. Select Update Camera based on 3D View settings
---
and/or
---
1. Select saved camera view
2. Select Open in 3D
3. Change the Sun and Date Settings
4. Select the saved View settings and select Zoom and select "Update with current settings"
---
One of those options might work
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Gus
Newcomer
Thanks for the ideas.
I have tried to do as you mentioned above plus everything else I can imagine and no matter what I change the same thing happens. When I double click on the view in the organizer it renders the image with the sun coming from the exact same direction. I've changed the date and time in every place I can find and it always renders with the sun in the same place when I double click on the view in the organizer. I can get a rendering of the sun from a different direction by making adjustments in the Cinerender settings then clicking on the render button in the bottom of the Cinerender settings window. Then I can save that rendering, but then I am going to have to save a new rendering and place that in the sheets every time there is a change. I'm wanting to set it up so the renderings don't have to be added and removed from the sheets as linked drawings every time the design changes.
Madison WI
Eduardo Rolon
you will need to verify bit if I remember correctly the logic for rendering is that:

1. The items shown on the perspective are controlled by the layer set and the renovation filters in the saved view. As the design changes if the elements are in the layers shown they should update without having to re-save the view.

2. Items that need to be updated by opening and redefining an already saved view in the organizer are sun and camera position, rendering engine, and cut planes.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Did a quick test and it can be done. The missing step is that you need to save a setting in Cinerender for each type of Date and Sun Position.
Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 10.17.16 PM.jpg
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Gus
Newcomer
Sorry, I'm just completely lost on this. I tried what you explained as best I can but what you are describing doesn't seem to match the actual dialog all the time and when I do the next closest thing it doesn't work. I wish there were a step by step instruction manual on how to do this exactly because it's too complex when there are so many variables. View Settings, Photo Rendering Settings, Dates and Time in Photo Render Window, Date and Times in Views. Then on some of the photo renders the sun shines through the window and then others there is no sun shining through the windows at all even though it's 3 in the afternoon and on the sunny side of the house. I simply can't put any more time into trying to figure this out. Not to mention the fact that one has to wait for the image to render in order to know if it worked or not, because one of the problems is that the preview doesn't match the views version of the rendering. Here is the latest screen shot I have.
Photo Render Doesnt Match View on Layout3.jpg
Madison WI
Karl Ottenstein
I can imagine how frustrated you are, Gus!

Your screenshot isn't showing enough, so to make life easier.. for us to check your settings... export your "VAN-kit brighter" scene settings and attach here.

If the forum will not let you attach that file type... then just zip it and post the zip. It'll be a tiny file.
Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 9.07.32 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Eduardo has gone over this already, but to summarize the two places (depending on 'details' being checked) where the sun is set to use the ArchiCAD settings - vs a custom, fixed-per-scene setting....
Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 9.11.28 PM.png
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
...or here...
Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 9.11.42 PM.png
Gus
Newcomer
Yes, It had to be zipped in order to Post. Thanks for looking at this.
Madison WI