Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

PhotoRendering completely blue please help!!

Jackcowdrey
Contributor
Hi all,

I am having trouble with photorendering certain views that I have set up. Recently, for reasons I do not know why particular views I have set up and rendered a thousand times now appear blue and green in the viewpoint and when I render. Some of the views I have saved do this and some do not, I have gone through the settings of the ones that do this and the ones that don't meticulously and cannot find out what is causing this.

Has anyone come across this before and able to help?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Hello Jackcowdrey

Your scene appears to be at night. The ambience I see looks like natural lighting at sunset, that would explain why the scene is blue.

I invite you to put an orange artificial light source in your scene to see if the color of this lighting will contrast with the general bluish atmosphere.

You could also check the emission colors of your surfaces.

I am ready to try your pln file to find the right solution.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Jackcowdrey
Contributor
Hi Christophe,

Thank you for your reply. I unfortunately won't be able to share the pln file. Could you please advise me on how I would go about adjusting the ambience, how to add an orange artificial light and how to check the emission colours of the surfaces used. Thanks
Jackcowdrey
Contributor
Christophe wrote:
Hello Jackcowdrey

Your scene appears to be at night. The ambience I see looks like natural lighting at sunset, that would explain why the scene is blue.

I invite you to put an orange artificial light source in your scene to see if the color of this lighting will contrast with the general bluish atmosphere.

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The problem is not so much the surface settings as the lighting settings of your render 'scene' and the time of day.

With cinerender you have the environment, physical sky, sun, extra lights, light emitting surfaces, reflectance etc etc that can all affect the colour of elements in your picture.

This is why Christophe asked for a file so he can quickly go over all these settings (I assume).

As it is, your question leaves a lot of guessing and assuming on the side of other users here.

Try using one of the out of the box preset scenes like 'outdoor daylight fast (physical). This should give a daytime view with very little interference from blue-ish tints due to dusk.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin wrote:
The problem is not so much the surface settings as the lighting settings of your render 'scene' and the time of day.
This is why Christophe asked for a file so he can quickly go over all these settings (I assume).
Absolutely
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Jackcowdrey
Contributor
Hi all,

I tried rendering on the preset outdoor settings and I get the same blue screen! I pasted all the elements into an older model (not including lights) that I know renders fine, however once I have pasted in all the elements I am still getting the blue screen!

So it is something in the model that is making it do this?? Any ideas please this is driving me crazy!
Lingwisyer
Guru
There is no "skydome" that has accidentally been brought in has there?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Jackcowdrey
Contributor
No there is not. I forensically went through the file to see if there were any elements that was causing the blue render appearance, and once the paving element to the ground plane was deleted it renders fine! Very very weird as this ground plane has been in the model for months and never caused any issue...
Jackcowdrey
Contributor
Christophe wrote:
Hello Jackcowdrey

Hi Christophe,

Please see my previous comment for what I think is the problem in regards to the blue screen. I cannot share the model with you unfortunately!