Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Photoshop? or something else.

Tom Krowka
Booster
Am looking to add some entourage to 3D photorendering models. Am hesitant to use Photoshop as it seems its pretty complicated to learn. Not really thrilled about buying and learning new software, but do need to be able to upgrade the AC renderings. Adding 3D trees, people, cars, etc really increases rendering time and also doesn't get that POP that one used to be able to do by hand. Any recommendations?

Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
17 REPLIES 17
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
I also use Affinity Photo and Designer. I also still use Pixelmator for some tasks - it's more lightweight and hence quicker/easier for some tasks. But I rate the Affinity products very highly.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Stress Co_
Advisor
I've been getting by with "Photoshop Elements".
It's a slimmed down version of photoshop. No subscription
and will be, some what, familiar if you're use to PS.
You can find current versions online for about $60 USD.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Rick Thompson
Expert
What does Affinity Photo offer that Pixelmador doesn't have.. at least for editing renderings? Thanks
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Tom Krowka
Booster
Does Affinity have entourage.....trees, people, cars, etc included or must one purchase those items separately. Thanks
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I don't think any image editing software will come bundled with that.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
Adobe Stock which comes with a CC subscription and is accessible through Photoshop CC might contain those things... But it you are not wanting to hop onto a subscription, you will need to put up with needing to find your own creative commons licenced, un-licenced or similar stock.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
jl_lt
Ace

I cannot recomend enough using twinmotion.  With a little effort your need for post editing will be minimal

I 100 percent stand by twinmotion.

But

Photoshop allows actions and with the right ones if you do the right searches you can find them for free and create some really cool watercolor or other types of renderings easily once you've used twinmotion