Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Placed External Drawings - 1969 source???

Scott Newland
Participant
I've found a mystery that so far occurs predictably but only on one ArchiCAD 17-created project. When I place a PDF text block on a layout, it comes in as a 2" x 2" blank square that can't be updated or read. Opening it, I find the note that it was last updated 12/31/69 and can't be read. This is despite the fact that it is a newly-created PDF. If I place a different PDF text block from a different file source on the same layout, it comes in normally. It seems related to the folder that the PDF comes from, but why in the world would it have a 12/31/69 date? The folder was created within the last year. 2 images are attached that show what I'm getting. It doesn't matter if I use Auto or Manual update. I can't get the PDF to show up.

Drawing Manager fail.jpg
Scott J. Newland, AIA
ArchiCAD 25
iMac running OS 11.5
2 REPLIES 2
Scott Newland
Participant
Here is the other attachment.
Scott J. Newland, AIA
ArchiCAD 25
iMac running OS 11.5
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Scott,

that date is kind of the standard beginning of time date n the IT world on all Unix originated operating systems, including OS X.
It shows, that most probably the PDF is in a format that ArchiCAD could not open. As a result it could not read the correct date neither the content. Do you know the source application where the PDF was saved?

As a quick workaround open the PDF in e.g. Preview and save it again. Place this new PDF in ArchiCAD and let me know the results.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT