BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Placed drawing problem while printing

Anonymous
Not applicable
In quite a few of my PlotMaker layout books I get an error message when I try to print, saying there are problems with placed drawings, and directing me to check the drawing usage pallete, but theres no errors there. This problem doesn't affect anything really, except it's an extra mouse click when I print, but I'd just like to know what is causing this... any one have an idea?

cheers,
dan

Placed_Drawing.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
Usually when I see that it's because a drawing is outdated, but that does not appear to be your problem.

I'm not really sure what else this could be
Tom Waltz
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you have library loading errors you will also get that message.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I often get this when I have opened an LBK an not needed to update views (because they are already up-to-date.) If you save your PLN again and re-update your drawings in LBK you won't get the message.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
If you have library loading errors you will also get that message.
This could be the case, because I know the .pln has library loading errors, I'll take the time to fix this and see if this resolves the issue.
s2art wrote:
I often get this when I have opened an LBK an not needed to update views (because they are already up-to-date.) If you save your PLN again and re-update your drawings in LBK you won't get the message.
I'll try this option out as well.

This problem really doesn't matter, like I said, but it's just one of those things were I go "why?" and my curiousity gets the best of me, so I have to resolve it

cheers,
dan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika is correct. There is a library reference in your .pln file that is incorrect, or broken.
Learn and get certified!