BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PlotMaker Auto-Numbering

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're using a detail marker object that references the Layout Number that each detail is placed on in PlotMaker (in ArchiCAD it appears as <PmAShNo> in the marker tag). Does a similar verbage exist to possibly have PM report the automatic drawing number on the sheet? So, in other words, the detail marker tag in ArchiCAD would report something like <PmADrwNo>, but would show the number PlotMaker assigns based on order of in the navigator in the Layout book on the sheet itself.

Said even another way, in SAT question form:
PlotMaker's <LAYOUTNUMBER> is = to ArchiCAD's <PmAShNo>
as
PlotMaker's <DRAWINGNUMBER> is = to ArchiCAD's _______________
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes there is. It is

<PmADrNo>
TomWaltz
Participant
Guys,

that text is fake. It is only a filler text that Graphisoft used by convention to mean that the object is going to be filled in by Plotmaker. Simply placing it into your object will not do anything.

I am out of the office today, but if you dig around in their markers, you should be able to see some of the syntax.
Tom Waltz
Autotexts can be placed in AC just as they are in PM. PM will render <DRAWINGNUMBER> to the drawing number regardless of whether the string is in a PM text, and AC text, inside an object, whatever.

The same goes for book info tags.

I don't know of a reference for what tags map to what autotexts, but you can figure it out by placing an autotext in a PM text. With the text block open, the autotext will be displayed as its tag, e.g. <CLIENT>.

I don't know why they chose to use those fillers in the objects, they're confusing and not needed.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
I don't know why they chose to use those fillers in the objects, they're confusing and not needed.
...and ugly.

I once was able to substitute the word "auto" as a place holder, but that broke in some version of 8.1. I couldn't figure a way to fix it, so I just switched to blank markers (copying the methods of the AC default & NCS parts).
Anonymous
Not applicable
As I understand it, the Auto-numbering of drawings is done dynamically (as with layout numbering) within Plotmaker.

Select 'Show Names & Numbers' in the Navigator palette pop-up.
To re-assign a drawing OR layout number, shift the drawing/layout within the heirarchy tree.

As for auto-text syntax, a full list would be great! Anyone found one yet?
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Guys,

that text is fake. It is only a filler text that Graphisoft used by convention to mean that the object is going to be filled in by Plotmaker. Simply placing it into your object will not do anything.

I am out of the office today, but if you dig around in their markers, you should be able to see some of the syntax.
Yeah, Tom is right. I was forgetting that. You actually need to use the standard parameter fields in the detail marker AC_MarkerText_3(Sheet No) and AC_MarkerText_4 (Drawing No). These parameters will be filled in by Plotmaker when loaded in Plotmaker. Just use t1 and t2 anywhere in your script.

IF AC_PM_AutoSheet THEN
IF AC_MarkerText_3="" THEN t2 = "<PmAShNo>" ELSE t2=AC_MarkerText_3
ELSE
t2 = SheetNoEdit
ENDIF

IF AC_PM_DrawingNo THEN
IF AC_MarkerText_4="" THEN t1 = "<PmADrNo>" ELSE t1=AC_MarkerText_4
ELSE
t1 = DrawingNoEdit
ENDIF

The parameters in this script are

AC_PM_AutoSheet and AC_PM_DrawingNo turns automatic field on or off.
AC_MarkerText_3 and AC_MarkerText_4 are Sheet and Drawing No
<PmAShNo> and <PmADrNo> are indead fake, put whatever you like in here for use in ArchiCAD only.
SheetNoEdit and DrawingNoEdit are parameters which numbers can be manually placed when automatic fields are tuned off.

Hope that helps.
Learn and get certified!