Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PlotMaker: Problems with placed drawings?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am experiencing a strange issue with PlotMaker. When print or plot I get the warning that there are problems with placed drawings, but when I check the drawing usage everything appears OK. The layouts appear to plot & print correctly (I haven't had time to fully test this yet), but the error message troubles me (besides being annoying).

We are experiencing some quirky network behavior since we reorganized the server, so I wonder if this is related. Share points that seem to be set up identically on the server are behaving slightly differently when accessed from my computer. I can elaborate if necessary, but I also have not had time to thoroughly investigate this.

We are using OSX Server 10.2.6 and my computer has 10.3.1 (Panther).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It is no crisis but it is worrisome. I am tempted to reinstall the server system software but am hard pressed for time at present.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Our firm has experienced similar problems. The server (where the actual files are located) is running Mac OS 10.1.5 server and the other computers are running Mac OS 10.3.1. Again, as you have observed, all the plots seem to be fine and correct. We just keep getting that pesky error message.

I really have nothing new to add, I just wanted to reinforce your argument.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been getting this error all the time since 8.0v1 everything is on the local computer with no network and happens wether or not I print or plot. I've explored many different setting in drawing usage etc. and have not been able to find what is causing this, even a new lbk with default settings and one placed drawing produces the error message.

FWIW