Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PlotMaker problems in TeamWork

Anonymous
Not applicable
In assembling a set of docs based on a teamwork file, we are linking views to the lbk. Everything works great from my machine, where the project was started, set up and shared from.

The problem comes when someone else opens the lbk from a different machine. On the 2 jobs we've done this with, the library parts do not load properly when BGArchiCAD transfers the views. As I said, it works on the "setup" machine consistently. In allcases, teammates are able to load libraries and work on the files in regular AC.

We load 2 libraries: the standard AC Library .pla from the local disk, and the office standard library from the server.

One job consistently loads the AC library OK, but fails to load the office standards, the other job loads the office standards, but not the standard AC library.

I am at a loss for a solution. Unless there's something I'm missing, or the problem is fixed in 8.1/3.1, we'll be switching back to pmk's

Can anyone help? or at least sympathize?

TIA
Wes
13 REPLIES 13
__archiben
Booster
miguel

we have an Xserve with 1000 base-T capability, but the network is still running through a 100 base-T switch. what's yours?

please could you also tell me how long your library load time is for the 50MB if that's at all possible?

thanks
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are currently working in Teamwork but the Layouts can only be updated properly from the Team Leader's station. If a teammate tries to update from their computer the doors and windows disappear. We all have the same libraries loaded on our individual computers and the .plp on the server is linked to the server's libraries- which are the same as the individuals. The layout book is linked to the .plp. This has proven to be a major glitch in printing out sets since only one person can update the drawings.
Any suggestions?
__archiben
Booster
david

there is already a topic about this issue with various work-arounds discussed . . .

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=164

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
__archiben
Booster
all

another tip/workaround that i've had from graphisoft about this recently:
graphisoft wrote:
It turned out that the library subtitution that worked for 7 works also for 8.1. That is: If ArchiCAD finds a library missing, it also checks a) the folder where the ArchiCAD execution file is wether the missing libraries are available in there b) the folder where the project to be opened is.

The workaround:

Place all the libraries that are needed for the project in the ArchiCAD 8.1 folder on the machine of the PlotMaker user. Make sure that the teamwork file is not saved with library references to the server machine, so that it would not find the libraries on the server, it would not load them from there. The drawback of this method is that users need to make sure that all the libraries are fresh on their machines, but for the bright side they will get fast library loading.

Unfortunately the library substitution does not work separately for each loadable library. If that worked you could store the project library beside the teamwork file on the server and the ArchiCAD 8.1 library in the ArchiCAD folder and Background ArchiCAD would automatically find the project library on the server, would load it via the network (would be always uptodate) and would load the ArchiCAD library from the clients machine.
it does work. but as they point out, the downside is that you have to synchronise the libraries manually, (or run synchronisation software to do the job for you) outside of the archiCAD environment.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t