BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker 9 / Lost disclosure triangles in Subset View

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upon opening a layout book today, I see that I no longer have disclosure triangles showing in the Navigator when using the Tree By Subsets view. The data is still in the book, as layouts and drawings show up in Layout List and Drawing Usage. But...I can't really work without the triangles.

The problem is showing with all documents, and importing from any of the weird ones into a new doc show the same problem.

Is something corrupt?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
RobertNichols wrote:
Upon opening a layout book today, I see that I no longer have disclosure triangles showing in the Navigator when using the Tree By Subsets view. The data is still in the book, as layouts and drawings show up in Layout List and Drawing Usage. But...I can't really work without the triangles.

The problem is showing with all documents, and importing from any of the weird ones into a new doc show the same problem.

Is something corrupt?
Is this happening in all your layout books or only some? If the former, a reinstall of PM might do the trick. It seems a strange symptom of file corruption. That strikes me as unlikely. Do you have another computer to open the files on?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The opens properly on other machines. I will try a reinstall of PM.

Thanks for the response, Matthew.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that's a puzzle, and a disappointment...

I installed a fresh version of Plotmaker and got the same result. Could there possibly some pref setting that says you DON'T want disclosure triangles? A long shot, I know. I'm wondering if the thing is somehow internally conflicted about whether it is showing a hierarchical or flat view???
Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke too soon. My fresh Plotmaker install was in a different location than the original (so I didn't write over it). I opened the new install deliberately then file/open'ed the file I'm trying to work. Still screwed up.

But my ORIGINAL PM install, when I tried that again seemed to be back in good health. Disclosure triangles all around!!

(I have learned nothing about the problem or the solution!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
RobertNichols wrote:
I spoke too soon. My fresh Plotmaker install was in a different location than the original (so I didn't write over it). I opened the new install deliberately then file/open'ed the file I'm trying to work. Still screwed up.

But my ORIGINAL PM install, when I tried that again seemed to be back in good health. Disclosure triangles all around!!

(I have learned nothing about the problem or the solution!)
This reminds me of my basic rule of computer use and maintenance:

Use it until it breaks, fix it, and use it until it breaks again, etc. If in fixing it you actually figure out what the problem was, that information will probably be useless in six months.
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!