BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker not making 'links'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone-
Hope someone has an answer for me-as usual, 'stuff' always happens close to a deadline....

My Plotmaker is not making or keeping linked drawings. I have several weird things going on.
First, my elevations are all placed, and such in plotmaker, and my elevation bubbles are linked, while forcing Plotmaker to establish the layout numbers. My South elevation is all set in Plotmaker, and looks good....but..my floor plan is not recognizing it. The detail marker on my floor plan has the correct number placement, but the sheet is coming up with the 'undefined' text. So, on my plans, my section marker has 2/'Undefined' for a marker-why is it acknowledging part of the placement location, but not all of it?

Same teamwork file and Plotmaker file....I have some detail markers on my elevations. When I check on them, they are linked to the correct detail-everything looks as it should. The details are all corrected placed in Plotmaker, and are plotting....but here again, my detail bubbles are calling out 'undefined' values....the odd part, of 4 independent details, and linked bubbles, 2 of them are seeing and linking to the correct location in Plotmaker, and two are giving me undefined values....

Any suggestions? Comments? Advice?
Thanks so much-
-Kathleen
9 REPLIES 9
TomWaltz
Participant
Are all of your links coming from one file? Or do you have multiple PLN/PLP files in the project?

I've seen instances where PM has a hard time with multiple Archicad source files.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, they are all from the same teamwork file. Which is why this is absolutely confusing me-why some are linking, and a few 'chosen ones' are not.

-K
Dave Jochum
Advocate
karmstrong wrote:
Hi Everyone-
My Plotmaker is not making or keeping linked drawings. I have several weird things going on.
First, my elevations are all placed, and such in plotmaker, and my elevation bubbles are linked, while forcing Plotmaker to establish the layout numbers. My South elevation is all set in Plotmaker, and looks good....but..my floor plan is not recognizing it. The detail marker on my floor plan has the correct number placement, but the sheet is coming up with the 'undefined' text. So, on my plans, my section marker has 2/'Undefined' for a marker-why is it acknowledging part of the placement location, but not all of it?

Same teamwork file and Plotmaker file....I have some detail markers on my elevations. When I check on them, they are linked to the correct detail-everything looks as it should. The details are all corrected placed in Plotmaker, and are plotting....but here again, my detail bubbles are calling out 'undefined' values....the odd part, of 4 independent details, and linked bubbles, 2 of them are seeing and linking to the correct location in Plotmaker, and two are giving me undefined values....
Was this problem ever resolved? I have a couple of section markers behaving badly as described in this post, while several others work fine. Any solutions?
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
No-no resolution was found, although the file was sent to Graphisoft, Inc (US) for review. No answer on it.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Kathleen

It may also have to do with your teamwork preferences, as mentioned here.

Or did you try saving it as PLN and relinking all the views?

Cheers,
Link.
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Link wrote:
In my case, I don't use teamwork. I deleted the markers and created new ones which work fine.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Link wrote:
For anyone having similar problems: we have lost marker references and have restored them by deleting the Teamwork preference files as mentioned in Link's link.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello friends,

I have tried the "preferences delete" strategy above but to no avail. Any further suggestions? Is there a more extreme fix?

We end up with seemingly random back-references to incorrect plotmaker layouts. Extremely frustrating when things don't work as they should!

Thanks in advance, 'mates.

restatement of problem
-----------------------
this is a teamwork file
S/E links are broken (incorrect PM sheet referenced in S/E plan reference)
Detail links are broken, too
We currently have MANUAL cross-reference information, but are trying to establish auto-referencing.
We're using Elevation Marker_NCS on Section/Elevation cuts, if that makes a difference.

system
--------------------------
AC 10/1010
Mac OSX 10.4.8
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I think I have it...

Selection of the proper elevation marker DOES make a difference. Switching to Elevation Marker_NCS 10 shows the correct links.

OK... call me "stupido leporello" for not realizing that a TEN project should be using TEN library parts.

But in leporello's defence: this is a legacy project going back to version SEVEN, believe it or not, so we're continuing to load legacy seven and nine libraries (most of the seven parts are gone by this point, but we still have a little bit of nine stuff in there...)

I'll keep checking and see if that will also fix the detail marker problem.
Learn and get certified!