Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotmaker regenerating?

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I am just finishing up my first job with AC 9. While in PM 9, the layout seems to be regenerating (or something) every 5 or 10 seconds. Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks,
Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
6 REPLIES 6
__archiben
Booster
you have 'auto redraw' turned on . . . it can be turned off in the preferences.

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Thanks.

Steve
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I turned auto redraw off and still have the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
Karl Ottenstein
Stephen wrote:
I am just finishing up my first job with AC 9. While in PM 9, the layout seems to be regenerating (or something) every 5 or 10 seconds. Any ideas what might be going on?
Is it a full regeneration, or a screen flicker? (Try what you're doing on a layout that has a LOT of linework/fills ... and you'll notice the difference even on a 3 GHz processor!)

There was some kind of issue with PM at least on XP such that if I switch focus to another window/application, the PM screen flickers as it loses focus. This was reported.

It appears now that the situation is worse and does involve a regeneration...if I switch from PM to an IE window on my second monitor, then after a couple of seconds, the PM window (still not active) regenerates itself. Doesn't seem to hurt anything, but it is disconcerting to have PM regen when you're not even in it.

If you're talking about staying within PM, doing nothing, and yet still the window regens, then I haven't seen that. It does regen if you drag a drawing/etc. (Often regenerating twice, rather than once for me.)

??

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Karl wrote:
If you're talking about staying within PM, doing nothing, and yet still the window regens, then I haven't seen that.
That's what is happening. It never happened in 3.1 and doesn't always happen in 9. When it does, sometimes the master (titleblock) disappears. It comes back with another regen.

Steve
Djordje
Ace
Stephen wrote:
Karl wrote:
If you're talking about staying within PM, doing nothing, and yet still the window regens, then I haven't seen that.
That's what is happening. It never happened in 3.1 and doesn't always happen in 9. When it does, sometimes the master (titleblock) disappears. It comes back with another regen.

Steve
I can confirm this behaviour. It refreshes on its own sometimes, most annoyingly when you click the next layout button, and it looks like it has gone to the next page, but no - the current one refreshes.

Was reported ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen