Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotting Marquee area or current view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I started working with archiCAD like 7 weeks ago everything went fine till I got a new Computer. Some settings are different but everything went fine except one thing:

My question and problem is:

When i have a drawing and I want to Print/Plot a Area. It will show me on preview: Marquee current view blank only the parts above the areas is printed.
So when I want to print something i must make a kind off line from a Marquee area to print, plot or save as PDF, Otherwise I would get a blank with nothing i want on it.

Does anybody have a clue how to fix this or has a similar problem.

Thank you for reading and hope someone has a solution.
10 REPLIES 10
Erika Epstein
Booster
Willem,
It would be helpful if you add your computer specs to your profile.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
iMac OS X 10.6.2
Intel Core 2 Duo
3,06 GHz
4GB

ArchiCAD 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Willem,

I can't reproduce your problem, so help me understand better:
A) I don't see a preview mode, what are you referring to?,
B) You say "print/plot"; which one actually?,
C) "...kind of line from a marquee..." please describe this more fully,
D) Hm..., the area inside the marquee is not printing, but stuff above prints. By "above" do you mean, closer to the top of your screen, or the story above the current one?

Consider joining the forum, after 15 posts or so you can post screen shots of your problems, it is incredibly helpful to see the problem. You'll get much more targeted help in this way.

Snap
PS is your AC-11 updated to hotfix #1259?
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having the same problem Willem was. We use ArchiCad 11. We just got a new MacBook Pro running 10.6.5. From the print dialog box, under print area "entire drawing" is the only option that works. "Current Zoom" and "Marquee Area" produce a blank sheet every time. Did Willem ever figure this one out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting this problem also, AC11, new iMac as per signature. Printing a marquee area in either model or layout views produces a blank sheet.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually, I am not getting a completely blank image. Check the screenshot below for marquee area selected... (note the "gridlines" at the top of the screen)
AC screen.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
...and the print preview screen...
NandoMogollon
Advocate
looks like a bug....
I don't have AC11 anymore

very weird.
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope someone has figured this out. I have the same problem having just switched from a G5 Dual Processor machine running OS10.5 to an Imac Intel running OS 10.6. Using Archicad 10.0.0 I think I've tried all re installs. Marquee print either to printer or PDF shows a blank except a small area above the Marquee