Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotting PDF with Adobe Acrobat 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
A new client of mine that I do architecural drawings for has a HP430 and when I email PDF files over so they can print on the 430, the drawings don't print to scale. They are just slightly off. But when I plot to file through PM they print out just fine from PM. I have spent hours trying to work this out so that I can provide them with information through PDF and they can redline etc and even plot if need be. They work mostly by hand and they need an easy way to view PDF or PLT files. Is their something I'm missing with acrobat? Or any other suggestions?

Also since I ran into this problem I was trying to find an inexpensive PLT viewer to help solve my problem (an easy intuitive viewer that is easy to view documents, redlined and collaborate back and forth for clients). I did find this that was the least expensive and that is quite easy. (FYI) http://www.softwarecompanions.com/vcpro.html

Jim
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might play with the margins you use when creating the PDF file. On his end there is an option to print the PDF at actual size or to fit the paper. As long as your printable area is not greater than the printable area of the plotter, you should be able to get it to work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I was able to increase the margin through PDF but when plotted, it went beyond the plotters margins. It would be nice to adjust the plotters margins also but I could find an option for that.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim,

when printing from Acrobat make sure that page scaling is set to 'none' in the page handling section of the print dialog, it defaults to 'reduce to printer margins' which will scale the whole page to fit within the printers printable page area, no matter what you set the margins to when you created the pdf.
Regards,

Scott
MSI Creator ZP16, i7-12700H, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB