Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotting issue with shadows obscuring fills

Gary Hudson Jeffrey
Participant
When I plot an elevational drawing fills are not visible through shadows, but are elsewhere. If I print to my laser printer I get the effect I want - the fills do show through the shadows but of course the print quality is not there & is A4!

In Elevations Selection Settings I use custom sun shadow, 25% shadow polygon, no. 2 grey fill pen with transparent fill background pen & also have the transparency & vectorial hatching boxes checked.

Can anyone offer any advice to help me revise this plotting issue?
ArchiCAD 64 20 Solo
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Quad Core i7 3770K
16GB RAM
2GB Nvidia Quadro K2000D
HP Designjet 510 24” colour printer
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Gary wrote:
In Elevations Selection Settings I use custom sun shadow, 25% shadow polygon, no. 2 grey fill pen with transparent fill background pen & also have the transparency & vectorial hatching boxes checked.
That should give the correct result, Gary. I've always "printed" to the one (HP) plotter I've used (vs 'plotting'). That might make a difference, if your plotter device supports printing as most moderns ones do (they're really just large-format printers)?

Otherwise, provide some more details on your plotter model, your operating system and your version of ArchiCAD so that other plotter-people can jump in with suggestions.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Gary Hudson Jeffrey
Participant
Thanks Karl,

This works but unfortunately at the expense of (colour & line) quality when compared to plot.

ArchiCAD 17 Solo
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Quad Core i7 3770K
16GB RAM
2GB Nvidia Quadro K2000D
ArchiCAD 64 20 Solo
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Quad Core i7 3770K
16GB RAM
2GB Nvidia Quadro K2000D