BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Plotting to 36" wide roll feed

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just bought a used HP 650c plotter, with no manual. (The price was too good to pass up.)

I'm new to roll feed. My drawings are coming out oriented the wrong way on the sheet.

How do I change plot setup in Plotmaker so that my 24" x 36" (architectural D size) drawings are horizontal on the roll-- thus saving paper and trimming time?
12 REPLIES 12
__archiben
Booster
Todd wrote:
Oh, come on! You don't remember what 36" is? Didn't you brits invent the system?
hehehe

i know what 36" is. it's the 'architectural D' bit that got me . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem with a hp 755cm and a mac. I can't get it to print to the 36". So far I've given up and print on 24" roll paper.
I hope some one on this forum can give us some insight. It is as if the printer doesn't know its 36" wide. My plotter will print out a sample color page in 36" wide roll from the menu on the plotter itself but never from the computer interface. It says it will do it but only 2/3 shows up.. Very frustrating.
My EP machine couldn't find the plotter so I couldn't compare to see it its a osx thing or a AC thing. I also haven't tried printing from photoshop to compare.
Djordje
Ace
Hari wrote:
I have the same problem with a hp 755cm and a mac. I can't get it to print to the 36". So far I've given up and print on 24" roll paper.
How much RAM do you have in the 755cm?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!