Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Plugin Archicad 16 export to Cinema4d 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys the problem i have is as follows, i used to model in archicad 12 to then render in c4d, i had a marvelous plugin in ARCH 12 ac4d+ if i rember well, which was great in it´s worflow, since when opening the file in cd4 it automatically associated layers making it fast and simple to work in cd4.

I have now upgraded to ARCH 16 and cd4d 13, the export plugin i found in the Graphisoft page works diferently, when oppening the file in cd4 it doesn´t associate the layers, and you have to apply the material one by one in each of the models component. For example if i want to apply one specific material to a windows frame, i have to apply the material in each of the components of the frame eventhough the material is all the same. The problem is the same in all of the mode´s components, walls, roofs, doors, etc. Imagine having to apply the cd4 material to every single component......the work becomes endless. Is there another pluging for ARCH 16 that works the same as the ac4d+ extension?

Thanks on any help.
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
You need to get the New AC4D+ Plugin which is no longer free but still cheap.

http://din3d.net/products/din3d-importer-c4d
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dennis Lee
Booster
If all you want is to export grouped by Materials, you can find the menu / command that comes with the export add-on, then run the "Cinema 4d Settings" command. From there you can specify whether to export by materials or by class (objects).

To find the menu / command, go into the work environments / command layout schemes.
CINEMA 4D MENU2.jpg
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9