Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Point Cloud & Horizontal Range of Vertical Section

_Salmon
Contributor
Hi,
we can adjust 'Floor Plan Display Range' for the Point Cloud Object to determine which range of Point Cloud we want to see, so we have an accurate 2D plan section in order to reference the modelling process.

But, when you try to do the same operation with Section Tool you discover there is a depht limit in Horizontal Range: 10cm. There are too many points in 10cm depht to see the exact 2D section..

any idea to limit views of vertical sections in Point Cloud objects? i've tried with 3D Section but we only can manage one section at the time.. too much painful.

cheers

Captura3.jpg
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
As a workaround rotate a copy 90 degrees and cheat with floorplans as sections?

Do parallel projected 3D documents give the result you need? With 3D Cutaway setup to the range you need?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
_Salmon
Contributor
Hi,
Section 3D Tool can be adjusted less than 10cm. As result we can obtain a cleaner section of the pointcloud. But it's not useful for documentation..
I don't know if its possible to improve it but we need a better depth range view in Section Tool.
I'll put this in 'wishes' forum

Best regards
Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2