Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Possible Bug in Sheet Index11

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I need a few people to check out this possible bug in ArchiCAD 11.

1. Create sheet index
2. Add CUSTOM text as 1st criteria.
3. Use Custom to CATEGORIZE several sheets together
a. Project Info
b. Site
c. Architectural
4. Make sure you have more that one sheet in each category
5. Use the 1st parameter as HEADLINE

Your resulting schedule should look something like

PROJECT INFO
T1.1 Project Information
T1.2 Energy Calcs
SITE
A1.1 Site Plan
A1.2 Site Details
ARCHITECTURE
A2.1 Floor Plan
A3.1 Schedules
etc.

This all works great... Perfect, in fact, even though if GS would just put SUBSET as one of the parameters for indexes, I wouldn't have to use CUSTOM text...

Ok... so... If you now CLOSE the file and re-open it, all the custom text DISAPPEARS! Yikes!

Some verification needed... I don't know if it disappears consistently the very next time you open the file, but eventually it disappears.

Thanks!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
9 REPLIES 9
Rick Thompson
Expert
I'm not at the right computer now, but I was setting up an index of sheets the other day... for the first time.. and there were a few things like that happening. Some inconsistent behavior where things did not behave the same way each time. I wasn't sure if it was me missing something, and I never was convinced one way or the other, but it seems buggy and poorly designed to me. To get what i wanted was not direct at all.

If someone else doesn't confirm first, I will try Tues.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I'm continually frustrated by the inability to add multiple subsets as criteria to structure the sheet index according to the layout folder structure, so thought I'd give this workaround a go.

[I found your instructions a little vague/incorrect (eg. criteria vs. parameter), so other people may too.]

I don't seem to have problems with the text disappearing, but I do get gaps as if AC is misinterpreting the headline position. Do you get this too? I just manually entered the custom text directly into the schedule - is that what you meant?

Cheers,
Link.
Karl Ottenstein
Neither missing text nor gaps for me. Seems to work fine...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Maybe a completely succinct set of instructions is the cure?

Karl would you mind uploading an example of this working? Maybe from a New & Reset?

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In the meantime...

Duane, maybe your problem is that you are sorting the custom texts? Then all of your custom texts are moving to the bottom of the list and possibly out of sight? Have you tried not sorting them at all? That way they will list as they do in the layout book.

Cheers,
Link.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Link wrote:
In the meantime...

Duane, maybe your problem is that you are sorting the custom texts? Then all of your custom texts are moving to the bottom of the list and possibly out of sight? Have you tried not sorting them at all? That way they will list as they do in the layout book.

Cheers,
Link.
I am not sorting (only grouping)... and the problem is the Custom Text is Disappearing. I have a "sister" index for actually typing in the Custom text (because once you use the parameter as headline and shrink the column up to make it look like an indent, it is difficult to type in this column)...

But clearly, the next time I open the file this text is simply NOT THERE. I can retype and the schedule looks fine; just as it did before.

This particular file is one that lived through 970,1033, and 1114 updates. Don't know when it started happening. And I don't know that it disappears EACH opening, just when I need to print! It has definitely happened on at least 4 occasions in the last month or so.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I can't get it to happen on my MAC at home.... Several OPENS and the index stays true.

I have a simple file that I'll try at the office tomorrow on Windows version.

Thanks for trying...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Do you have the gap problem? I can't stop seem to prevent it yet. Probably an incorrect cell setting somewhere.

Cheers,
Link.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Link wrote:
Do you have the gap problem? I can't stop seem to prevent it yet. Probably an incorrect cell setting somewhere.

Cheers,
Link.
No Gap problem now, though I believe I've had it before. Not sure what the cure was.

Today I opened up the offending file and the Index was just fine. I know I am not losing my mind, because I was looking at a set of prints of the project in question produced at the end of November. My "Categories" were printed on the Index but were not there yesterday.

I'll keep an eye on it. Wishing GS would do the same. Actually, I just wish they'd allow us to use SUBSETS as a PARAMETER in the schedule.
Duane

Visual Frontiers