BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Possible to Remove Circle from Drawing Title?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the circle from one of the pre-loaded drawing titles? I'm using ArchiCAD 19.

I'm using the NCS Drawing Title, and I've tried setting the circle diameter to 0" but it generates an error report every time I reload for each instance that the title is placed into the drawing. That seems like it's going to slow down the file as I add more and more drawings onto each sheet.

I've tried using the "Built In Drawing Title," which doesn't have a circle, but then I can't control where the text is placed except by moving the text manually for each instance.

And I've tried building my own drawing title, but it behaves erratically every time I place it, and I can't figure out how to get the length of the line to adjust to the cell or drawing.

I've also tried to find the original GDL object to copy and edit, but GDL scripting exceeds my knowledge! (I can't even find the library object to be able to duplicate and edit it!!)

Any ideas???
3 REPLIES 3
felcunha
Expert
Set the pen number of your circle to a white one.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Eduardo Rolon
felcunha wrote:
Set the pen number of your circle to a white one.
Not possible with that Library part. Drawing a white circle on top might do it as a quick workaround though.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Bill
Contributor
Set the diameter of the circle to something ridiculously tiny, like 1/256"... it'll still be there but as it won't be any taller than the adjacent line it won't be noticeable.
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Learn and get certified!