BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Posting on our website - 3D interactive models? How TO?

rob2218
Enthusiast
Iv'e been tasked at my office to come up with a way to post, on our website, 3d interactive models of our Archicad designs. For client use, for promotional use, and for simply all around "interactivity" to the rest of the world from within our office.

Now, with that said, what software would I need to be able to do this?
I thought about using a 3DPDF file (that U3D file type) embedded inside a PDf file that gets uploaded to our website but....that seemed a bit clumsy and would take too long to have the client be able to move around the model.
Then there was the BIMx Explorer on the ipad but how do I get that on our website and would the client need anything on their end?

In summation: what I'm looking for is to be able to provide a spot on our office website which will contain a "clickable" 3d viewable model right thru our website's location. How best to accomplish this task.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
15 REPLIES 15
rob2218
Enthusiast
58 views and no answer huh......darn, thought for sure there'd be some guru who knew how best to accomplish this task.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
David Bearss
Booster
VRML?
I remember looking into this some years ago and the consensus was too difficult to set up and often too much information for the client / viewer. Might have some luck looking into fly through animations to control the experience.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Karl Ottenstein
Artlantis 4 and iVisit3D is an option for linked VR panoramas.

The bottom of this page:
http://ivisit3d.com/

has thumbnails that you can click on to get a feel for what you can do on a web site with this.

Most full 3D model viewers of any kind will have a pretty hefty download involved...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
Great, neat little tool.
Now...it appears this product is developed by Artlantis?
is this right?
When I went to the link, it has no contact name, no phone number...nothing.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
Link on bottom goes to main Abvent page with this online sales link:

http://www.artlantis.com/index.php?page=buy/opartners/index

But from the main site you can download a fully functioning demo of Artlantis Studio 4 to try it out.

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
Hummm...yeah, downloading Artlantis to try..for FREE huh...humm...yeah. Well, we'll see.
I'd love to try Artlantis....just, well, wondering, well...dunno.

Been meaning to download it, try it out and see how I can convince my boss to get one copy of it.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Is it possible to embedd a BIMx file to a webpage?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Karl Ottenstein
Achille wrote:
Is it possible to embedd a BIMx file to a webpage?
No. You can only provide a download link to the file so that someone can download it to a local viewer app (desktop or IOS).

Cheers,
Karl
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
thats a pity
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Learn and get certified!