BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Print Error: transparent fills come out chequered

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have the following issue: all of my transparent fills (e.g. "% 75 SOLID FILLS") are printing with a chequered or pixelated pattern.

% 100 solid fills are printing correctly, i.e. completely solidly. The issue is only with fills that have some % of transparency.

This problem popped up suddenly, I was printing the same fills from the same file previously without problems.

The problem occurs both when printing to PDF with the Adobe PDF driver as well as when printing onto paper with a physical printer.

Any ideas? Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I have never had much luck with % fills and printing to an external PDF convertor.
Publishing a PDF (uses the built in PDF convertor) has never been an issue for % fills - for me at least.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Barry Kelly" wrote:
I have never had much luck with % fills and printing to an external PDF convertor.
Publishing a PDF (uses the built in PDF convertor) has never been an issue for % fills - for me at least.

Barry.

Thank you Barry. You´re absolutely right - the built in PDF convertor is working fine. So at at least this problem won´t affect my submissions.

Still a nuisance not to be able to print a preview from "modelspace". Whether as PDF or straight to paper.. Any other ideas?

Thank you,
Max
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can save as PDF from any view. That will use the same internal PDF engine.

The fills don't look right if you use a real printer?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Erwin Edel" wrote:
You can save as PDF from any view. That will use the same internal PDF engine.

The fills don't look right if you use a real printer?

Thank you Erwin!
I never knew that function. Works perfectly.
I still have the issue when printing directly to a real printer, but this workaround works well enough for me.
Regards,
Max
Learn and get certified!