BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing/Displaying GhostStory in PMK?

Jacek
Contributor
Hi, is anyone succesful in displaying ghoststory in Plotmaker?
I am trying to save a 'view' of the Ground Floor plan with the Site Contours (shown as ghost story) but I can't save them into Plotmaker, they do not display.
I know that I can save them as a separate drawing and overlay the plan in Plotmaker, but would like a easier solution, any ideas?
Jacek
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are a few steps in this, but it goes pretty fast. Once done a couple of times, it takes less than a minute to do.

If working on the main level for example and you want to show the ghost story of one level up, or one level down, I use the following steps.

E.G. Show 2nd story elements on the main level to print in Plotmaker.
Go to Layers and make sure the elements you want to select are unlocked.

Go to the 2nd story and select all. Drag a copy 200'(or whatever) off to one side. You now have a copy of everything on the second level without affecting the original elements.

Select all of the copied elements only (in AC9 the copy stays selected) and "ctrl +". This will break all the 3D elements into 2D elements. While still selected, select a layer such as "ghost" and then change the pen color to your ghost preference.

With the 2D elements still selected, cut and paste to the main level. Drag back to its original position(200' in this example.)

While not automatic, it takes literally less than a minute to do.

Grant
Learn and get certified!