Document & Visualize forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing/Displaying GhostStory in PMK?

Jacek
Participant
Hi, is anyone succesful in displaying ghoststory in Plotmaker?
I am trying to save a 'view' of the Ground Floor plan with the Site Contours (shown as ghost story) but I can't save them into Plotmaker, they do not display.
I know that I can save them as a separate drawing and overlay the plan in Plotmaker, but would like a easier solution, any ideas?
Jacek
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
10 REPLIES 10

Djordje
Expert
Jacek wrote:
I know that I can save them as a separate drawing and overlay the plan in Plotmaker, but would like a easier solution, any ideas?
Sadly, no.

Here is a chance for you to post a Wish!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is your reason for wanting to show a ghost story in PM so that the ghost story elements would be screened? If so (and if the elements are on the same story in AC) this can be accomplished with pens in PM.

Just set the contours to a specific pen color in AC and then set that same pen in PM to a gray color. When printed (not plotted) and as long as you *do not* check "all colors to black" the contours will then print as gray.

Jacek
Participant
Eric wrote:
Is your reason for wanting to show a ghost story in PM so that the ghost story elements would be screened?
Eric, as Djordje said in his post -"sadly , no.."

I am trying to present the ground floor on the site survey drawing, imported into the model for reference, as an illustration for the geotechnical guy to do his stuff; soil testing, borings and reports.
It's a question of wether to merge the plan onto a survey drawing or the survey on a different story than the plan and use it as reference to design the building (s).
-I chose the second solution.
In the meentime I have saved each of the views separately and superimposed the plan over the site, it works but it took a while to align both properly.
Thank's for the help, both of you,
Jacek
jacek lisiewicz
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
ArchiCAD 24

Djordje
Expert
Jacek wrote:
In the meentime I have saved each of the views separately and superimposed the plan over the site, it works but it took a while to align both properly.
Strategically placed hotspots make a world of difference. Place the hotspots of the reference points in both the plan and the survey, and you can easily align them in PlotMaker.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Jacek
Participant
Djordje wrote:
Strategically placed hotspots make a world of difference.
Of course!
I sometimes forget about the most simple solution to a problem!
God is in the details... once again
jacek lisiewicz
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
ArchiCAD 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello -

I noticed all of these posts are from 2003. I am using ArchiCAD 9. Is there a way in Plotmaker 9 to print the ghost story or do I still have to go through the hotspot method. TIA

Best regards - Chris

Link
Advocate
The same process is necessary. And don't forget to set the correct Display Order for these superimposed views. I also recommend grouping them, so that if one is moved, they are both moved.

Cheers,
Link.
Get your ARCHICAD 25 Template HERE!

andyro
Contributor
To do this I usually create a patch, then copy the gsm up to the story in question, convert object pens to grey (or whatever your preferred ghost pen is), and send to back.

That way no need to overlay in PM.
Andy Thomson
Andy Thomson | Architect
Research site
Company site

AC24 / Twinmotion / iMacPro

Link
Advocate
That way no need to overlay in PM.
But completely static!
Get your ARCHICAD 25 Template HERE!

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are a few steps in this, but it goes pretty fast. Once done a couple of times, it takes less than a minute to do.

If working on the main level for example and you want to show the ghost story of one level up, or one level down, I use the following steps.

E.G. Show 2nd story elements on the main level to print in Plotmaker.
Go to Layers and make sure the elements you want to select are unlocked.

Go to the 2nd story and select all. Drag a copy 200'(or whatever) off to one side. You now have a copy of everything on the second level without affecting the original elements.

Select all of the copied elements only (in AC9 the copy stays selected) and "ctrl +". This will break all the 3D elements into 2D elements. While still selected, select a layer such as "ghost" and then change the pen color to your ghost preference.

With the 2D elements still selected, cut and paste to the main level. Drag back to its original position(200' in this example.)

While not automatic, it takes literally less than a minute to do.

Grant

Start a new conversation!

Labels

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!