Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing/Displaying GhostStory in PMK?

Jacek
Contributor
Hi, is anyone succesful in displaying ghoststory in Plotmaker?
I am trying to save a 'view' of the Ground Floor plan with the Site Contours (shown as ghost story) but I can't save them into Plotmaker, they do not display.
I know that I can save them as a separate drawing and overlay the plan in Plotmaker, but would like a easier solution, any ideas?
Jacek
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
10 REPLIES 10
Djordje
Ace
Jacek wrote:
I know that I can save them as a separate drawing and overlay the plan in Plotmaker, but would like a easier solution, any ideas?
Sadly, no.

Here is a chance for you to post a Wish!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is your reason for wanting to show a ghost story in PM so that the ghost story elements would be screened? If so (and if the elements are on the same story in AC) this can be accomplished with pens in PM.

Just set the contours to a specific pen color in AC and then set that same pen in PM to a gray color. When printed (not plotted) and as long as you *do not* check "all colors to black" the contours will then print as gray.
Jacek
Contributor
Eric wrote:
Is your reason for wanting to show a ghost story in PM so that the ghost story elements would be screened?
Eric, as Djordje said in his post -"sadly , no.."

I am trying to present the ground floor on the site survey drawing, imported into the model for reference, as an illustration for the geotechnical guy to do his stuff; soil testing, borings and reports.
It's a question of wether to merge the plan onto a survey drawing or the survey on a different story than the plan and use it as reference to design the building (s).
-I chose the second solution.
In the meentime I have saved each of the views separately and superimposed the plan over the site, it works but it took a while to align both properly.
Thank's for the help, both of you,
Jacek
jacek lisiewicz
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
ArchiCAD 24
Djordje
Ace
Jacek wrote:
In the meentime I have saved each of the views separately and superimposed the plan over the site, it works but it took a while to align both properly.
Strategically placed hotspots make a world of difference. Place the hotspots of the reference points in both the plan and the survey, and you can easily align them in PlotMaker.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Jacek
Contributor
Djordje wrote:
Strategically placed hotspots make a world of difference.
Of course!
I sometimes forget about the most simple solution to a problem!
God is in the details... once again
jacek lisiewicz
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello -

I noticed all of these posts are from 2003. I am using ArchiCAD 9. Is there a way in Plotmaker 9 to print the ghost story or do I still have to go through the hotspot method. TIA

Best regards - Chris
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The same process is necessary. And don't forget to set the correct Display Order for these superimposed views. I also recommend grouping them, so that if one is moved, they are both moved.

Cheers,
Link.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
To do this I usually create a patch, then copy the gsm up to the story in question, convert object pens to grey (or whatever your preferred ghost pen is), and send to back.

That way no need to overlay in PM.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That way no need to overlay in PM.
But completely static!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!